Total Pageviews

Friday, April 15, 2011

Welcome to 纽约女人

Welcome to the facebook group "纽约女人". It has been only two days since I started the group. But there are already more than 50 members joined. This is more than I expected and I am getting positive feed backs from you. I am glad at least some women are feel what I feel, "it is hard to be Chinese women in NYC."

I want to introduce myself a little bit and tell you why I came up with this idea. I have lived in New York City for almost 10 years. I came here for high school, stayed here for College and after graduation I decided to stay here again. I have never imagined myself living anywhere else. Even after 10 years of being here, I am still not tired of the City. It has so much to offer and I still have a lot to learn. To me, it is not only a place to live and work. To me New York City is a place I call home.

Life in NYC has been wonderful yet not easy. It is competitive, harsh and unexpected. It is crowded, noise and sleepless. There were times I felt so hopeless and helpless; there were times I felt so heart-broken and so beat up. Whenever I felt vulnerable, I'd wish someone who understand my situation would be here for me, just sit next to me and hold my hand. I wish someone would be stronger, would tell me what to do. Life is hard in NYC, it makes you fall and just when you take the courage to get up, it kicks you in the stomach again.

There are many women networking group out there, but none of them are dedicated to Chinese women. When I searched "Chinese Women in NYC" on google, all I can find are dating websites for men who want to date Chinese women. That is a complete misinformation and misrepresentation of Chinese women. Unfortunately, many people have the same perception for us --- Chinese Dolls.

I started this club for us. As Chinese women, we are smart, beautiful and strong. We deserve better life, respect at work place and love in life. We want to be leaders. We want to take control of our lives and our emotions. We want to be happy.Life may be hard in NYC. But with support from each other, we will fight together to achieve our dreams, live fully and break the glass ceiling.

Thank you all :).

http://www.facebook.com/groups/chinesegirlsnyc

No comments:

Post a Comment